According to the Alzheimer’s Association, in Texas alone, over 1 million family members and friends are providing care for approximately 400,000 individuals living with dementia, and day programs are a great community resource for these caregivers.
For nearly 40 years, James L. West has offered the only dementia-specific adult day program for North Texas seniors living with Alzheimer’s and dementia-related disorders, providing reliable respite care during the day, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Learn more about the programs’ many benefits.
Benefits for you:
- Compassionate, high-quality care to help alleviate caregiver guilt, stress, and burnout
- Fewer behavioral issues at home due to decreased loneliness/depression
- Community of fellow caregivers to network and build meaningful connections
- Counselor-led support groups to provide encouragement and insight as well as discuss challenges
- Education, programs, and services, including caregiver classes, case management and more
- Updates on your loved one’s current condition from expert staff
Benefits for your loved one:
- Safe and secure environment to spend time away from the home
- Activities – including art, music and more – that stimulate minds and preserve independence
- Opportunities to be social and engage with others, including staff and others in the same stages of dementia
- Person-centered approach, supporting individuality and enhancing creativity and self-expression
- Coordinated comprehensive care, including nutritional support, therapy (speech, physical, etc.), personal hygiene and more
- Improved daily living skills, such as getting dressed, brushing hair, etc.
- Ability to live at home with family and be surrounded by the ones they love
Benefits for your family:
- Peace of mind your loved one is well cared for
- A loved one that is more alert, interested and engaged
- Less physical, emotional, and mental burden
- Less financial burden than nursing home placement
- The opportunity to maintain a closeness and personal connection longer
Living in North Texas and want to learn more about adult day programs for seniors? Get more details on the reopening of the James L. West Senior Day Program, check out our blog or call our dementia care specialists at 817-877-1199.