Compassionate Touch Coach Training
Location: James L. West Center
Date: Wednesday 03/25/20
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Click link below to register. Questions? Contact us at 817-877-1199 or email@example.com
Compassionate Touch® is an approach combining skilled touch and specialized communication shown to prevent behavioral expression in people with dementia and reduce job stress in care-partners. In palliative care, it provides skilled touch with compassionate presence to enhance quality of life for those in the later stages of life.
Compassionate Touch helps providers achieve goals related to person-centered dementia care and reduction of unnecessary use of anti-psychotic medication. This practical, evidence-informed approach literally puts in caregiver’s hands a non-pharmacological solution that:
- Is Feasible: Uses existing resources | Easy to learn | Practicality ensures sustainability
- Is Effective: Decreases anxiety | Promotes sleep | Eases pain | Builds trust in caregivers | Provides a non-pharmacological prevention strategy for behavioral symptoms
- Facilitates Staff Satisfaction: Reduces job burnout | Builds strong relationships | Aligns with person-centered care practices
- Encourages Family Engagement: Provides a means for family to calm, comfort and support their loved one | Enhances the family’s experience as a member of the care-team
- Strengthens Marketability with a unique program for community outreach | Sets your organization apart | Demonstrates commitment to culture change
Following the six hour training, attendees are designated as Compassionate Touch Coaches and authorized to conduct the Compassionate Touch program with staff members and families.
$395 per organization for 1 coach - $395 per additional coach
$35 Training Pack - required purchase (Training Pack required for each coach per organization/location)
Your organization is licensed to use the Compassionate Touch branded program and materials for one year. An annual renewal fee of $295 per authorized coach is required to maintain license.
Coach Benefits include:
- Secure online access to materials, resources, and templates for program implementation and sustainability.
- Support throughout the license period including teleconferences; newsletters; articles; and online forum with Coaches.
- Recognition as an AGE-u-cate collaborative partner.