Stress-Busting for Family Caregiver of Persons with Alzheimer's & Dementia
2023 Dates Coming Soon!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive emails on our upcoming programs
The Stress-Busting Program (SBP) for Family Caregivers™ is an evidence-based program that provides support to family caregivers of persons with dementia. It is proven to:
- Improve the quality of life of family caregivers who provide care for persons with Alzheimer’s disease or other dementias.
- Help caregivers manage their stress and cope better with their lives.
The SBP is a multi-component program where two certified facilitators met with a small group of caregivers (up to 8). The program is focused on education, support, problem-solving, and stress management. It takes a holistic approach addressing the emotional, physical, spiritual, and cognitive needs of the caregivers. Participants meet for nine weeks, for 90 minutes per week.
Content includes topics of: Stress Management techniques taught:
- Stress & Relaxation Relaxation breathing
- Coping with Stress Guided imagery
- Greif, Loss & Depression Meditation
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviors Art
- Positive Thinking Music
- Taking Time for Yourself Journaling
- Choosing a Path of Wellness