Training for Healthcare Professionals
Dementia Live® Authorized Coach Training -
A powerful, easy to deliver simulation experience that immerses participant into life with dementia, resulting in a remarkable inside-out understanding of cognitive impairment and sensory change.
How Does It Work?
Participants are outfitted in specialized gear and given certain tasks to perform in an enclosed "experience" area. The challenges and struggles one faces become very real to the participant, because they are experiencing them for themselves. This triggers a heightened awareness of and understanding for those with dementia. Following the experience, a trained Coach meets with them in a unique "empowerment session" where participants obtain valuable tools to improve communications and care processes.
What is the benefit of the Authorized Coach designation?
Senior care providers (CCRC's, Assisted Living/Memory Care, Home Health, Hospice and Home Care) may become designated Dementia Live® Providers. With training, you can offer Dementia Live as ongoing staff training, share this with families and offer it as community education. These 3 components deliver multiple benefits to your organization.
Authorized Coaches will:
- Gain a thorough understanding of successfully implementing the Dementia Live® Experience for sustainable use as staff training, family engagement, and community outreach.
- Learn cutting edge, creative dementia training tools to help educate family and professional caregivers during the Dementia Live® experience.
- Obtain comprehensive instructions on staff training, outcomes tracking, marketing, and implementation of the program in a variety of settings.
- Learn skills to facilitate a dynamic and impactful Empowerment Session that will teach professional and family caregivers how to improve communication skills, care processes, and make dementia friendly changes.
- 6 hours of continuing education credits for nursing, social work, and LPC.
Experience & Offer Dementia Live® in A Variety of Ways!
- Full immersion experience (with COVID-19 safety protocols)
- Table Top experience (with COVID-19 safety protocols)
- Dementia Live® Virtual Experience
Dementia Live Coach Training - Live, Virtual & Interactive
Approved for 6.0 CE Hours for Nursing, Social Work, & LPC
Want information on the next Dementia Live Coach Training? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Compassionate Touch® Coach Training -
Compassionate Touch® is a powerful, skilled touch approach that evidence shows is an effective non-pharmacological strategy to reduce behavioral expressions in dementia and end-of-life care. The gentle, hands-on techniques were developed with busy care partners in mind, giving them a practical tool that's easy to learn and integrate into daily care practices, while strengthening relationships with those they serve.
How Does It Work?
- It's Feasible - Uses existing resources- Easy for staff to learn - Practically ensures sustainability
- It's Effective - Eases physical and emotional distress - Promotes sleep - builds trust in caregivers - Provides a holistic personal approach
- Encourages Family Engagement - Provides a means for family to calm, comfort, and support their loved one - Enhances family's experiences as a member of the care team
- Facilitates Staff Satisfaction - Reduces caregiver fatigue - Builds strong relationships - Aligns with person-centered core values and philosophy
- Strengthens Marketability with a program that tangibly demonstrates commitment to culture change and staff development
Upon successful completion for coach training participants will become Compassionate Touch Coaches and authorized to conduct the Compassionate Touch® program with staff and family members.
Authorized Coaches are Empowered with:
- Sustainable program for staff training and family engagement
- Plan for implementation
- Tool to track clinical outcomes and staff satisfaction
- Network of other coaches throughout North America
- 6 hours of continuing education credits for nursing, social work, and LPC
Experience & Offer Compassionate Touch® in A Variety of Ways!
- Hands-on experience (with COVID-19 safety protocols)
- Compassionate Touch® Virtual Experience
A license to use the Compassionate Touch® branded program and material will be available for one year with an annual renewal fee.
Compassionate Touch Coach Training - Live, Virtual & Interactive
March 1, 2021 from 9am - 4pm - Register HERE
Registration deadline Feb. 22nd
6.0 CE Hours for Nursing, Social Work, & LPC & NAB/NCERS (pending)
This program has been submitted (but not yet approved) for Continuing Education for 6 total clock hours from NAB/NCERS. Call Jaime at 817.877.1199 for further information.
6.0 CE Hours for $100 can be arranged after completed registration with Jaime Cobb at 817-877-1199.
Dealing with Dementia Workshop - a Rosalynn Carter Institute for Caregiving program
The Dealing with Dementia program combines a workshop learning experience with a Dealing with Dementia Guide, a comprehensive reference for caregivers of people living with dementia.
The four-hour workshop introduces healthcare professionals to each section of the guide providing information on dementia, insights into the caregiving journey, how to develop a dementia-friendly environment, dementia behavior management, caregiver self-care, and selecting the best services and resources. The workshop highlights safety, problem-solving, communication, culturual diversity and handling stress. The aim of the workshop is to prepare participants to quickly and easily access the information they need from the guide when they need it.
Healthcare professionals have shown an increase in knowledge of dementia and an increase in their confidence to manage dementia behaviors acquired during their attendance at the workshop. The support provided by the Dealing with Dementia Guide continues and increases as participants refer to the information provided throughout their professional career and personal lives.
4 hours of continuing education credits for nursing, social work, and LPC available.
Dealing with Dementia Professional Workshop - Live, Virtual & Interactive
March 29, 2021 from 9am - 1:30pm - Registration details coming soon!
4.0 CE Hours for Nursing, Social Work, & LPC
4.0 CE Hours for $45 can be arranged after completed registration with Jaime Cobb at 817-877-1199.
Dementia Care Training Videos for Healthcare Videos - The Role of the Healthcare Professional
Three-part video series that examines best practices in treating and caring for persons with dementia and their families.
This interdisciplinary training video focuses on:
- Differentiating hallmark clinical signs of the four most common forms of dementia,
- Explaining the newest diagnostic and assessment criteria and guidelines for dementia,
- Examining person-centered communication skills with patients and their families including working with different cultures and,
- Identifying professional and community resources
This training video focuses on:
- Use and efficacy of approved medications for Alzheimer’s disease
- Appropriate use of off-label medications used in dementia care
- Non-pharmacologic interventions for persons with dementia
- Best practices in culture change
This training video focuses on:
- Best practices to improve QOL in persons with dementia including shared decision making
- Safety issues due to sensory deficits including; pain management, falls, wandering, and activities of daily living
- The “secondary patient” and best practices in emphasizing healthy behaviors
- Community resources for safety and QOL
Check our our Education Brochure!